• View topic - Out and about in Sandrail #23
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:07 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:56 pm 
Big Mudder
Big Mudder

:lol: Yes most definitely the muddy side. I will at some point get my.car that muddy :D

Looking good

. Jim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:10 pm 
Little Mudder
Little Mudder

Well been a few developments on the Sahara trip. I suppose the most important one is that the original company I was travelling with cancelled the trip and shut down his company due to family reasons. Not letting such minor details stand in my way I have found another provider and the dates are still virtually the same. No catering mind but I'm sure I can sort something out. The link to the trip is below, I'm on the 15th Oct to 2nd Nov 2017 trip if anyone fancies joining me and my brother. :lol:

http://www.protraxoverlandadventures.co.uk/morroco.htm

Well here is the new route it's quite similar and we spend a night on the beach with a BBQ etc.

Things are getting a bit more real now, Transplant is now done so I've had a sticker made for the rail for the trip courtesy of DNN signs here on the island. Darren and Chris have been great getting the artwork together etc.

T-shirts next

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:52 pm 
Little Mudder
Little Mudder

On Saturday the rail was on duty here on the island with the Sporting Bears raising funds for the Joe Ellis Trust. The Joe Ellis Trust is a children's registered charity, based on the Isle of Wight, which helps island children who have cancer and their families in their time of need. It was appalling weather but we still raised a respectable £1,720.

I took one of the Bears out in the rail and I had a go in the Lotus Evoura. A very impressive machine with incredible mechanical grip

He had to leave for my Daughters prom bus to arrive. It's owned by a friend of mine and I went out in after dropping my daughter and her friends off for a pint :D

Last edited by General 2 on Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:02 pm 
Little Mudder
Little Mudder

I took leave on Monday as my brother was down and we went to the Museum for some testing. Seemed like a fun thing to do. We arrived and had a quick trip out in the Hummer

We set about fixing the track pins on the Centurion tank and took that out for a quick test to make sure everything was staying in place. My mate has bought a new DJI Mavic pro 4k drone so we took some footage of the tank and the rail. I won't bore you with the tank footage.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:55 pm 
Little Mudder
Little Mudder

Very cool! Amazing drone footage, and the rail looks even faster than it was.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:38 pm 
Little Mudder
Little Mudder

It's definitely quicker with the 2.5 in it. You can't go to fast on the track at the moment as it's really rutted. The tank had just gone round and made it worse there is some large dips round the back. I wasn't going flat out and keeping it on the ground this time I'm getting closer to going and don't want to ruin things. I'll be off to scotland in it the end of next month for the UK transplant games. Getting a new dash at the moment I'll put some pics up soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:07 pm 
Little Mudder
Little Mudder

Going to put some road tyres on it for the Scotland trip?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:18 pm 
Little Mudder
Little Mudder

I have road tyres on the front and use them on the track with BF's on the back. It really well works well all round most times, back can be a bit slippy at the back in the wet if you have a heavy foot. I have a set of Bf's for the front for the trip but they can also be slippy in the wet on the front on smooth roads. Nearly ran into the back of Nick's cobra in Germany when he slammed his anchors on. Also reminded me to be vigilant when braking on the Stelvio pass under some trees.